Skip to content

Financial Aid

Finance your education! There are many different ways that students can finance their Master of Public Administration degree. Check out the resources on this page to help you find the best option to finance your education.

Featured Financial Aid

The Master of Public Administration offers exclusive financial aid opportunities to its students in the form of scholarships and a graduate assistantship. All MPA students, both new and current, are eligible to apply for these financial aid opportunities.


Reporting Outside Funding

Tuition benefits are managed through the MPA program, even if the assistantship or fellowship is funded by another area of the college or division. Students with a graduate research assistantship (GRA/GA), teaching assistantship (TA), or graduate fellow (GF) from other departments will need the MPA program manager to seek approval from the Graduate School for students earning benefit outside of their academic department.

For students earning their tuition benefit support from another area, please complete this form and submit to MPA program manager.

Tuition Benefit Notification Form

Additional Resources

Graduate Assistantships

Many departments at the University of Utah offer graduate assistantships. MPA students are encouraged to research and apply for available opportunities. Many assistantships can be located by searching for "graduate assistant" in the University of Utah's employment database.

Employment Database

Grants and Loans

MPA students commonly use grants and loans to help finance their degree. Use the link below to access more information about eligibility and applications.

Grants and Loans


Explore the University of Utah's Financial Aid Database to find more great options to help you fund your studies!


Last Updated: 3/4/24